Sunday 1 May 2016

Anxiety Dance- Final Mix Concept

A couple weeks has passed and I have now finished my work on the anxiety dance piece, I got the animation at quite a late stage, and due to some oddities when editing the film I had to cut to one film for the dancer, but another for the branches. This was quite confusing at times and I can only hope it hasn't come out, out of sync like I thought it might.

However, enough of that. The final mix is something I am overall proud of because it took what I did last year and really improved upon that concept, and those skills without being repetitive and boring. Once I got the edit with the animation, it was so so much easier to edit the sound to, and I found the inspiration for the piece just flowing like it usually would!

The concept of the mix relates quite closely to the Utopia I was given earlier on in the year. However, in terms of being harmonic and also showing a calm progression into mental chaos, I look at the Limbo soundtrack, which is a creepy puzzle game:



I really like this piece because it's quite calm, yet there is something off about it, and that's what I wanted to create with this piece.

I would say though, I found this piece more challenging in terms of mixing than last year as well as expanding on my skills proactively. Because of the harmonic undertone, and the plugins I applied, I think I found it more difficult to mix when there's a bass in the background, which will peak quite low. However, I got there in the end and I ended up with a really nice sounding mix. I may start to explore making tracks like this in the future, as I do really enjoy it, and expanding my musical potential is never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment