Monday 11 April 2016

Anxiety Dance- Sound Editing and Developing Melody

Now that we are back after Easter, and the Debbie shoot is done I can now get under way with the sound design for Anxiety, as there is an edit for me to work with. The first thing I have done is matched up the foley for the film. So all the breathing noises, hand and foot noises are in place before I even begin with the melody. I have found that some of the recordings were too noisy for me to use really. On their own it would be fine if it was a narrative spoken piece, however as the dancer is wearing a kind of odd material, whenever she runs her hand over that area it just sounds like noise.

This really sucked from my point of view, as I really wanted to maintain authenticity. However. the recordings I did get were good and very usable.

Aside from this though, there's not much more I can do as I am waiting for the animation to be done before I can make the melody for the piece. I tried, but not having any timing to go if is very frustrating and doesn't get me anywhere. So, aswell as working on other things in the meantime, I have tried to explore what plugins and instruments I will use for the piece. I took a few samples and showed them to Lauren for her to listen and choose the best from:







Lauren said she preferred the first one as it had more of a melody about it. She wants to maintain a kind of harmony in the piece, whilst still having that creepiness. I think I know what she means, and I feel I will be able to work well on it when the animation is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment