Tuesday 26 April 2016

Feeling for Sound- Getting There

In my last post I detailed how I was moving more towards a musical piece for my sound project, and I'm happy to say that is working out really well. I have been listening to alot of Matthew Herbert. Namely the tracks, 'Sugar' and 'August' for inspiration as their sounds have a similar rhythm to mine.

What I have done so far, is from the experimentation I linked last time, essentially started again with some of the bare elements of the original soundtrack, and use fl studio to create an artificial beat to base my piece from. I won't use it in the original sound design, but it gives me a framework to work in the mean time.

I've also let Rosie have a listen and she suggested getting it cut to vinyl for the show. Since I have now narrowed down the project to just my parents' divorce, I am beginning to see how that is appropriate. When my dad left home he left a rather large record collection with my mum which is still there today. It's something he always went on about and there are records in nearly every cupboard in the house. It would provide a sense of irony in way, me choosing to play out the feelings of divorce through a device that he loved? It's an interesting concept and a genuinely really good idea.

Here's a sample of what I've been working on:



I think it's come really far in a short space of time, and I'm genuinely really happy with it. I think it could with a few odd sounds on the end, but I am really pleased with this kind of outcome. I think there's not much more to do on it now for hand in. Just mixing and getting it polished I think. Fixing the voiceover etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment