Wednesday 20 April 2016

Debbie Post-Production- The Edit

It's the last stretch of Uni now, and particularly with Debbie I think everyone is starting to feel the heat. Back after Easter and we are straight into it!

Over the last couple of weeks I have mostly been waiting around for the edit in terms of Debbie, and I became aware of some issues Lauren was having with the edit. I wish she had said earlier but I can understand why my not being there that much, as I was working on other projects, made her feel like maybe she couldn't contact me. It wasn't as easy as just turning to someone next to her. That being said, once I sat down with her and discussed the edit she was fine.

I think the problem was mainly that she wanted to stick to the script as much as possible, which I can understand because I hadn't expressly told her to just go crazy and I think it made her feel a bit uncomfortable doing so. This reflected in the edit, as every shot was in there even if scenes didn't work and it felt a little forced in at places. However when I spoke to her and actually told her that was fine, the edit became a hell of alot better because of it. I think now after a few tweaks it will be fine and I will be waiting a couple of days for the sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment